Beloved Isles Cayman
Naar navigatie springen Naar zoeken springen
- O land of soft, fresh breezes
- And verdant trees so fair,
- With the Creator's glory
- Reflected ev'rywhere,
- O sea of palest em'rald,
- Merging to darkest blue,
- Whene'er my thoughts fly Godward,
- I always think of you.
- Dear, verdant island, set in blue Caribbean Sea,
- I'm coming, coming very soon, O beautious isle, to thee.
- Although I wandered far,
- My heart enshrines thee yet.
- Homeland, fair Cayman Isle,
- I cannot thee forget.
- Away from noise of cities,
- Their fret and carking care,
- With moonbeams' soft caresses,
- Unchecked by garish glare,
- Thy fruit with rarest juices,
- Abundant, rich and free,
- When sweet church bells are chiming,
- My fond heart yearns for thee.
- When tired of all excitement
- And glam'rous worldly care,
- How sweet thy shores to reach
- And find a welcome there,
- And when comes on the season
- Of peace, goodwill to man,
- Tis then I love thee best of all,
- Beloved Isle Cayman.