In Plenty and In Time of Need
Naar navigatie springen Jump to search
In Plenty and In Time of Need is het volkslied van Barbados. Het werd geschreven door Irving Burgie (1926) en gecomponeerd door C. Van Roland Edwards (1912-1985). Het werd als volkslied aanvaard in 1966.
- In plenty and in time of need
- When this fair land was young
- Our brave forefathers sowed the seed
- From which our pride has sprung
- A pride that makes no wanton boast
- Of what it has withstood
- That binds our hearts from coast to coast
- The pride of nationhood
- We loyal sons and daughters all
- Do hereby make it known
- These fields and hills beyond recall
- Are now our very own
- We write our names on history's page
- With expectations great
- Strict guardians of our heritage
- Firm craftsmen of our fate
- The Lord has been the people's guide
- For past three hundred years.
- With Him still on the people's side
- We have no doubts or fears.
- Upward and onward we shall go,
- Inspired, exulting, free,
- And greater will our nation grow
- In strength and unity.