Here's your quick overview of what has been happening around Wikidata over the last week.
- Continuing through September and early October: Andy Mabbett is touring Australia for a series of open-science and GLAM Wiki-focused talks, workshops, and meetups.
- New events added for the sixth birthday of Wikidata: Berlin, Oslo, Tehran, Beijing
- Did you know?
- Newest properties:
- General datatypes: state of conservation, state of use, admission rate, is retracted by, ISO 15919 transliteration, majority opinion by, seed, demonstrates form, usage example, political coalition, Status in the Red List of Threatened Species in the Czech Republic, item inherits value from
- External identifiers: BGCI garden ID, International Mathematical Olympiad participant ID, Film Indonesia ID, ArhivX LOD, Belvedere object ID, National Trust for Historic Preservation ID, Television Academy Foundation show ID, Playbill production ID, LHW hotel ID, World Travel Awards ID, Relais & Châteaux ID, Nintendo GameID, Académie de Marseille member ID, NPR podcast ID, iTunes podcast ID, Gynopedia place ID, Vocabolario Treccani ID, AnimeClick anime ID, AnimeClick novel ID, AnimeClick character ID, AnimeClick person ID, AnimeClick manga ID, Ex-USSR internal airport code
- New property proposals to review:
- General datatypes: Cook Partisan Voting Index, ONS Community codes, Implies (necessary condition), Index herbariorum code, limiting oxygen index, Model item for, Model item, Taxonomic Literature 2 number, Place of devotion, Stadtteilnummer, restriction of, blazon, ENI number, parties, term of venery, root, unicode range, Ġabra lexeme ID, Ultimate Guitar artist ID, inflection class
- External identifiers: ResearchGate publication ID, Indonesian Basic Data of Primary and Secondary Education ID, AnimeClick drama ID, MobyGames platform ID, Adelphi author ID, UOL Eleições ID, Tourisme et Handicap ID, Qualité Tourisme ID, Catalogue of the Lepidoptera of Belgium ID, Northern Ireland Assembly ID, SJPXVII ID, Microsoft Store app ID, CharacTour character ID, re3data repository ID, IGN film ID, Arkivportalen aktor ID, Arkivportalen arkiv ID, Muziekweb performer ID, SPXVI ID, Spectral Database for Organic Compounds ID, LakeNet ID, Álgu ID, Uralonet ID, Geheugen van de VU person ID, Comic Vine ID, Shazam track ID, IANA Root Zone Database ID, ASCE ID, Dxomark ID, PlayStation Store ID, Oqaasileriffik online dictionary ID
- Query examples:
- Fix a problem with the language of the lemma (phab:T194347)
- Improving the diffs for Lexemes (phab:T185481)
- Exclude es-formal and hu-formal from monolingual text codes (phab:T203311, thanks to MarcoAurelio)
- Implement the contemporary constraint (phab:T141859, thanks to Abiàn)
You can see all open tickets related to Wikidata here. If you want to help, you can also have a look at the tasks needing a volunteer.
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- The Wikimedia Commons mobile app has a new version. Images uploaded using Nearby are now automatically added to the associated Wikidata item. You can browse other images on Commons. You can see your achievements and your upload statistics. It has also fixed some bugs. 
- MediaWiki web requests now have a time limit of 60 seconds for GET requests and 200 seconds for POST requests. 
- You could not see the menu on the notifications page on the mobile version. This has now been fixed. 
Changes later this week
- Special:AncientPages can hide disambiguation pages. 
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 18 September. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 19 September. It will be on all wikis from 20 September (calendar).
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.