Here's your quick overview of what has been happening around Wikidata over the last week.
- Did you know?
- Newest properties:
- General datatypes: location of sense usage, dramaturge, head coach of sports team, beer bitterness, beer color, INEP IGC discrete grade, clinical trial phase, maintained by WikiProject, uses capitalization for
- External identifiers: NYC Building Identification Number (BIN), Cineuropa person ID, The Guardian article ID, Caselaw Access Project case ID, MGG Online ID, Map of Life ID, AfroMoths ID, FloraWeb ID, FLOW ID, AllPowerlifting.com person ID, Info Flora ID, YÖK Academic Profile ID, Mushroom Observer ID, Schleswig-Holstein object ID, Michigan Flora ID, Observation.org ID
- New property proposals to review:
- General datatypes: Vice, sense associated with form, declared patrimony, season ends, inscription mentions, DanNet 2.2 word ID, Study fees, HASC, exchange rate, Verspreidingsatlas.nl ID
- External identifiers: AllMusic release ID, DBU profile, MusicNotes product ID, MusicNotes song ID, Nobel Prize in Literature ID, Code de l'Autorité de l'Aviation Civile argentine, Playbill venue ID, Digital Flora of Central Africa ID, Portal to the Flora of Italy ID, Envanter.gov.tr Monument ID, B3Kat Joint Union Catalogue, Santiebeati ID, Soccerway team ID, identifiant Littera, Letterboxd actor ID, Letterboxd film ID, Threatened Species Link ID, VD 18 ID, Siamzone film ID, Thaifilm ID, National Portrait Gallery (United States) object ID, Newseum newspaper front page ID, Playbill person ID, SWH Release ID, APA ID, Virtual Guide to the Flora of Mongolia ID, identifiant À nos grands hommes, BioOne ID, Academy Awards Database film ID
- Query examples:
- Displaying Senses before Forms (phab:T208592)
- Making quality constraints play nicer with the Query Service
- Putting in the ground work to have quality checks run in jobs
- Enabling arbritrary access on oldwikisource
- Allowing configuration of the licence in .ttl output
- Configuration of more string limits, such as URL and mono / multilingual texts
- Moving wdqs frontend to a blubber deployment (phab:T192006)
- Asserting a users name so they can't edit when accidently logged out (phab:T124451)
- Showcase a termbox placeholder in the mobile frontend of m.wikidata.org (phab:T206200)
You can see all open tickets related to Wikidata here. If you want to help, you can also have a look at the tasks needing a volunteer.
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- Some old mobile browsers can use the watchlist again. This has not worked for a while. These browsers are called grade C browsers. This helps for example Windows Phone 8.1 with Internet Explorer and Lumia 535 with Windows 10. 
- You can choose to see edit conflicts in a two-column view. This is a beta feature. You can find it in your preferences. Users who use this view saw the edit conflict resolution page when they wanted to see a preview. This has been fixed. 
Changes later this week
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 13 November. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 14 November. It will be on all wikis from 15 November (calendar).
- You can use the content translation tool to translate articles. The developers are working on a new version. One of the changes will be a maintenance category. Articles where users add a lot of text from machine translation without changing it will be in that category. This is so the community can review it. The users will also have been warned before they publish the article that it has a lot of unchanged text from machine translations. 
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.