Here's your quick overview of what has been happening around Wikidata over the last week.
- Did you know?
- Newest properties:
- General datatypes: WordLift ID, official color, member category, located at street address, charter URL, works in collection
- External identifiers: Crew united title ID, Genius album numeric ID, Genius song numeric ID, Litchfield Ledger ID, Microsoft Academic ID, Bahamut Gamer's Community ACG Database, Bunkacho Media Art Database (Development Version): Animation Database, Bunkacho Media Art Database (Development Version): Comic Database, REDIZO, Archives of Maryland Biographical Series ID, Interpol WOA artwork ID, Online Catalog of Biblioteca Nacional de Portugal ID, MAMVP artwork ID, Psyl'list species ID, VectorBase taxonomy ID, iTunes TV season ID, Hungarian public thesaurus ID, TV Spielfilm film ID, Viperson ID, Krugosvet article, biathlon.com.ua person ID, RBU person ID, sportufo.ru person ID, Skiresort.info ID, Educational Institution Identification Number, U-DISE code, AISHE code
- New property proposals to review:
- General datatypes: inverse label, tussenvoegsel, Linked to profession, chassis, Swedish Organization Number, COOL species ID, Trading name, funk channel ID, personal pronoun
- External identifiers: Skimap.org ID, Gault et Millau ID, ID theatreonline.com, Swiss Films, Dizionario di Storia Treccani ID, Romanian Soccer player ID, sports.md athlete ID, iTunes movie ID, iTunes book ID, vodnimlyny.cz ID, Smarthistory ID, World Cube Association ID, CORE (Connecting Repositories) ID, GEOFON earthquake ID, LevskiSofia.info player ID, LevskiSofia.info coach ID, Homosaurus identifier, DIZIE ID, identificador Gran Enciclopèdia de la Música
- Query examples:
- Newest WikiProjects: WikiProject Data Quality
- Fixed a small bug that we introduced with editing badges on wd.org (phab:T213998)
- Finished collecting data about the user of the termbox (phab:T211015)
- Fixed an i18n message (phab:T206416)
- Created some maintenance scripts for creating and approving oauth consumers (phab:T211568)
- Checked for possible data coruptions due to an issue with change tags (phab:T213281)
- Fixed an issue with restoring merge revisions in Lexeme (phab:T204041)
- Configured WikibaseQualityConstraints on test.wikidata (phab:T209922)
- Turned on the new entity id formatting for properties (phab:T201838)
- Continued work on glosses, displaying the language name also in edit mode (phab:T209931)
- Starting investigating on Shape Expressions
- Mobile termbox: showing language, description and aliases (phab:T207150)
You can see all open tickets related to Wikidata here. If you want to help, you can also have a look at the tasks needing a volunteer.
Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- Some people did not get last week's issue of Tech News. This was because of a problem with MassMessage. If you did not get last week's issue, you can read it on Meta. 
- The content translation tool can now use version 2 as the default version for users who turned on the beta feature. For example it adds the tracking category
Wikipedia:Pagina's met vertalingen die niet zijn nagekeken to translations that might have used machine translations without fixing the problems. This is so others can find them. You can find this category in
Special:TrackingCategories on Wikipedias.
- https://mediawiki2latex-large.wmflabs.org can now convert collects of up to 800 pages to PDF, EPUB or ODT. Previously this was 200 pages.
- When a template was edited with the visual editor, it would sometimes put all information on one line. This makes it difficult to read for editors who use the wikitext editor. It also makes it more difficult to see what happened in a diff. This problem affected edits made between 8 and 17 January and is now fixed. 
- MassMessage is used to post a message to many pages. It has not been working reliably. Some messages have not been posted to everyone. 
- Because of a database problem that had to be fixed immediately you could not edit most wikis for a couple of minutes on 17 January (UTC). This has now been fixed. 
Changes later this week
- You will be able to use template styles in the
Module namespace. 
- The new version of MediaWiki will be on test wikis and MediaWiki.org from 22 January. It will be on non-Wikipedia wikis and some Wikipedias from 23 January. It will be on all wikis from 24 January (calendar).
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.