Latest tech news from the Wikimedia technical community. Please tell other users about these changes. Not all changes will affect you. Translations are available.
- You can vote on proposals in the Community Wishlist Survey. The survey decides what the Community Tech team will work on. You can vote until 30 November.
- There is an A/B test for
sameAs data. This is to make it easier to find the right information with a search engine. This changes the metadata for a wiki page. It doesn't change how the page looks. 
Changes later this week
- There is no new MediaWiki version this week.
- The Wikimedia wikis use templates to show readers there are problems with the content on some pages. For example if there are no sources or the page needs to be rewritten. The mobile website will soon show more information when you use these templates. Some templates may need to be updated. 
- The Education Program extension was removed from all Wikimedia projects. The database tables used by the extension will be archived. This will happen in a month. If you want the information on your wiki you should move it to a normal wiki page. 
Tech news prepared by Tech News writers and posted by bot • Contribute • Translate • Get help • Give feedback • Subscribe or unsubscribe.
Here's your quick overview of what has been happening around Wikidata over the last week.
- Other Noteworthy Stuff
- A new tool to display Wikimedia Commons categories (and Wikipedia/Wikidata tags) with coordinates on the OSM map
- The Association of Research Libraries published the draft of a Wikidata Task Force White Paper on how libraries and Wikidata/ Wikibase con join forces aroud linked open data for both library discovery systems and Wikipedia, and advancing a diversity and inclusion agenda in the cultures of both libraries and Wikimedia. The draft is open for public comment until 30 November.
- Did you know?
- Newest properties:
- General datatypes: Winterthur Glossar URL, IIIF manifest, category for members of a team, chord progression, season ends, number of volunteers
- External identifiers: DBU playerprofile, AllMusic release ID, MusicNotes product ID, Playbill venue ID, Portal to the Flora of Italy ID, Digital Flora of Central Africa ID, Envanter.gov.tr Monument ID, Letterboxd actor ID, Argentinean NCAA Airport code, MusicNotes song ID, B3Kat dataset ID, Sotheby's person ID, Santiebeati ID, Letterboxd film ID, Threatened Species Link ID, Littera ID, Soccerway team ID, Playbill person ID, Siamzone film ID, Thaifilm ID, VD 18 ID, Newseum newspaper front page ID, APA ID, SWH Release ID, Virtual Guide to the Flora of Mongolia ID, DanNet 2.2 word ID, À nos grands hommes ID, Verspreidingsatlas.nl ID, BioOne journal ID, ortsnamen.ch ID, Academy Awards Database film ID, The Hendon Mob ID
- New property proposals to review:
- General datatypes: work quoted textually, verbally or lyrically, work whose melody is quoted, excerpt, exonym, Danmarks Statistiks filmkode, text features, mission statement, number of lines, number of stations, funding scheme, noun class, eponymous category, taxa protected, river bank, tautomer of, Global Startup Ecosystem Ranking, proper name of astronomical object, research site
- External identifiers: Corpus typographique français ID, Academy Awards Database nominee ID, World Poker Tour ID, ANICA ID, r-hockey.ru person ID, Sotheby's Museum Network ID, Académie d'Arles member ID, Google News publication ID, ALCA ID, Luding editor ID, BoardGeekGame editor ID, Atlas of Florida Plants ID, British Executions ID, System16 identifier, BLR ID, LEGO set ID, LEGO design ID, LEGO element ID, NAS ID, Invasive Plant Atlas of the United States ID, Welsh Book Trade Info ID, Sega Saturn game ID, TWAS Fellow ID, Bitraga author ID, Bitraga work ID, EUNIS ID, Cal-IPC ID, eFloraSA id, Dimensions Publication ID, Dimensions Source ID, Dimensions Author ID, Microsoft Academic Work ID, Microsoft Academic Source ID, Microsoft Academic Author ID, Microsoft Academic Institution ID
- Query examples:
- Newest database reports: Vasily
- Showcase items: Fugger
- Fixed a bug that was saving the statement too early when trying to add a qualifier with the keyboard (phab:T154869)
- Made changes to disallow edits (until the user reloads) if they accidentally get logged out. (phab:T124451)
- Turn the new change tag back on wikidatawiki (phab:T208846)
- Better linting against things that don't work in IE11
- Fixed the wdqs-frontend docker image (phab:T208681, phab:T209206)
- Fixed html elements in the table result of wdqs (phab:T207257, thanks to user:Frog23)
- Getting ontology changes deployed to wikiba.se
- Using maplink or mapframe to view coords on wikidata (phab:T184933)
- Consistent capitalization of Lexeme/Form/Sense/Item/Property in UI messages
- Make Lexemes appear in global usage of Commons files (phab:T204066)
- Work on a new interface for the termbox on mobile (phab:T207150)
You can see all open tickets related to Wikidata here. If you want to help, you can also have a look at the tasks needing a volunteer.