Isle of Beauty, Isle of Splendour
Naar navigatie springen Naar zoeken springen
Isle of Beauty, Isle of Splendour is het volkslied van Dominica vanaf 1967. De tekst is gemaakt door Wilfred Oscar Morgan Pond en de muziek door Lemuel McPherson Christian.
- Isle of beauty, isle of splendor,
- Isle to all so sweet and fair,
- All must surely gaze in wonder
- At thy gifts so rich and rare.
- Rivers, valleys, hills and mountains,
- All these gifts we do extol.
- Healthy land, so like all fountains,
- Giving cheer that warms the soul.
- Dominica, God hath blest thee
- With a clime benign and bright,
- Pastures green and flowers of beauty
- Filling all with pure delight,
- And a people strong and healthy,
- Full of godly, rev'rent fear.
- May we ever seek to praise Thee
- For these gifts so rich and rare.
- Come ye forward, sons and daughters
- Of this gem beyond compare.
- Strive for honour, sons and daughters,
- Do the right, be firm, be fair.
- Toil with hearts and hands and voices.
- We must prosper! Sound the call,
- In which ev'ryone rejoices,
- "All for Each and Each for All."